The world of dog care is growing and changing, but there are still plenty of opportunities for you to make money as a professional pet owner. You can get paid to take care of your dog’s health and happiness, or you could open up your own business that specializes in training or grooming dogs. In either case, it will take some time to get up and running. Here are some steps you need to take before setting out on this path:
Take your dog to obedience school
When you take your dog to obedience school, you’re going to learn a lot about how to be a better pet care professional and even how to work with dogs. You’ll also learn some new tricks that will help with training your dog.
If this sounds like something that interests you, here’s what I recommend:
- Find an obedience school in your area that offers classes at least once a week (sometimes more than that). The best thing about this type of training is that it’s not just one-on-one instruction; instead, there are usually several other people around who can help reinforce the commands while they’re being taught by the instructor. This makes it easier for both parties involved—you get more practice and reinforcement from other people than just doing things alone; meanwhile, the instructor gets feedback on whether or not what she teaches works well enough as well as suggestions on how she could make things run smoother next time around!
Take a test to get your dog certified
Before you get your dog certified, it is important to take a test. The test should be taken by a professional and in a controlled environment. A professional test administrator will administer the test to ensure that all requirements have been met. You should also make sure that the dog has completed training before taking this exam so that he or she can pass with flying colors!
If you are interested in becoming an APDT Certified Professional Pet Care Provider (CPPCP), please contact us today! We look forward to meeting you soon!
Learn the law
- Know what you can and cannot do.
- Learn the laws and ordinances that govern your area.
If you are in the market for a new career as a pet care professional, it is important to understand that this field is regulated by law. To practice as a dog walker or pet sitter, you must obtain proper licensing from your local animal control department. The process can be complicated and time-consuming, but once completed it will allow you to legally provide services to the public while protecting both parties involved with the transaction (you and your clients).
There are two types of licenses: general and specialized types. The general license allows anyone over 16 years old who has lived in North Carolina for at least 30 days before applying for their business license (which includes assisting with an animal)
Know your area of specialty.
Before you can start training dogs, you need to know what kind of dog breeds are best for this type of work. You should also find a good trainer who can help train your pet and teach them how to behave properly in public places. The more training you do with your dog before taking him on walks or trips outside, the better off both of you will be!
If any specific skills are important for someone who wants to become a pet care professional (like caring for cats), then they must learnthese things first so they don’t end up getting frustrated later down the road when their animal needs medical attention or worse yet: euthanized because no one else was willing enough/able enough too take care(?)
You can be a professional by using the services of your local dog.
As a dog owner, you can use your dog to provide many services that would otherwise require human labor. Here are some examples of what your pooch could be doing:
- Dog walker – Your pup is used as the main muscle behind the service and can help you earn money by taking customers out on walks while they’re visiting places like their offices or home. This way, they’ll get exercise and fresh air while also helping you make some extra cash!
- Pet sitter – Dogs love to play with children, so if you have any young ones who need some extra attention from time to time then this is perfect for them! You’ll be able to set up appointments with them so that both parties know when each other will be available (you) and where best suited for playing (your pet).
We hope these steps will help you to become a professional dog care provider. Good luck!